Birds are an integral part of the world around us, providing endless beauty and purpose! They help with pest control by eating bugs, they help with pollination and seed propagation, and they aid in rodent control. When a natural disaster hits, it can wipe out trees, bushes and other areas where birds would normally build their nests. Wiped out by fire, flood, wind, or large storms, habitats can be destroyed, resulting in bird endangerment. Lack of safe habitats mean they are hunted by larger animals, since they have nowhere to safely lay eggs and are subject to the elements, like cold temperatures, wind and heavy rain.
Help supply a safe shelter for our winged companions! The houses and shelters you give will go to areas affected by natural disasters, wildlife sanctuaries, reserves, and other areas in need, as well as classrooms and other facilities to help people learn about birds and how vital they are to the environment.
Protect and save birds by gifting a bird house, roosting pocket or nesting supplies!
A small shelter gives shelter for a bird to stay safe. Made out of reed grass it is especially favored by non-migrating song-birds during the winter months. This roosting pocket provides natural ventilation and drainage, and is designed to blend into natural surroundings, while the rough exterior provides an easy entry and exit for the birds.
- A medium shelter can be hung from a hook, tree or nailed to a post for use by several birds. With a sturdy roof, it provides protection from the elements for these delicate creatures. A small post provides an easy perch for the birds to look out from and allows for easy exit and entry.
A large shelter can house a bird, its nest, and eggs. A clear panel allows bird watchers to observe birds and the nesting process close up. Perfect for learning, the suction cups attach to a window for a front row view. The slanted roof helps keep its occupants dry.
A birdie bell that holds natural colored materials preferred by North American nesting birds. This holder stands up to any type of weather, and can also hold fruit, seed bells, or more material meant for nesting.
Other important information:
- You will not receive a shipment from this purchase. We will facilitate the donation directly with qualifying organizations your behalf.
- You will be charged all required taxes for your location. Save your receipt and consult your tax professional to determine if you're able to claim this purchase as a tax-deductible donation expense.
- GreaterGood has ultimate authority and discretion with regard to the distribution of Benefit Buy contributions based upon what the receiving organization needs the most. We will always contribute products of equal or greater value.
- GreaterGood is proud to help provide this opportunity to support animals in need. We are 20 Years Strong, and we couldn't have done it without your support--thank you!