Fun and memorable experiences at summer camp are a cherished part of growing up, but for children who are ill or dealing with other serious challenges, going to camp can seem like an impossible dream.
Our nonprofit partners Angel Flight West, the YMCA and other groups help make these dreams into reality by helping hundreds of kids who would otherwise never have the chance get to camp. Instead of enjoying the simple pleasures of childhood, these innocent children have been dealt a rough hand. They are dealing with challenges such as severe burns, cancer treatment, blindness, hearing loss, juvenile diabetes, kidney disease, HIV positive diagnosis or have a family member going through these horrible experiences and they help to take care of them. There are camps for kids who normally would never be able to afford to go to camp and there are some camps that offer special programs for kids who have parents who are active in the military. Once they are at camp, they can just be kids for a while and take their mind off their troubles.
Activities such as swimming, singing, arts & crafts, roasting marshmallows, and playing games - gives these kids a much needed sense of normalcy as they are surrounded by friends who may have had similar experiences or come from similar circumstances.
Sadly, for the family of many of these children, their challenges have resulted in financial hardships and they cannot afford to provide for some of the basics needed for camp, such as bags, water bottles, sunscreen, and bug spray. That's where you can help! Let's show them we care and give these kids a sense of hope, pride and let them focus on having fun!
Please help provide:
A Camp Bag that will give these kids a way to transport all their belongings. Some children show up with their belongings in just a large garbage bag. Help us provide durable duffel bags instead.
- A Deluxe Pack includes a durable duffel bag, a water bottle and travel size sunscreen & bug spray. These essentials for camp will help the kids stay hydrated, and free of bug bites or sunburns, while their belongings stay tidy and clean, so they can focus on bonding experiences with other kids at camp and having the time of their lives!
Other important information:
- You will not receive a shipment from this purchase. We will facilitate the donation directly with Angel Flight West on your behalf.
- You will be charged all required taxes for your location. Save your receipt and consult your tax professional to determine if you're able to claim this purchase as a tax-deductible donation expense.
- GreaterGood has ultimate authority and discretion with regard to the distribution of Benefit Buy contributions based upon what the receiving organization needs the most. We will always contribute products of equal or greater value.
- GreaterGood is proud to help provide these camp bags for kids in need on your behalf. We couldn't do it without your support -- thank you!